- JOB PURPOSE
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a specific restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of outlet’s associates, optimizing profits and increasing sales. He manages scheduled shifts ensuring guest satisfaction. He manages all operational issues ensuring standards of quality and service are met.
- NATURE & SCOPE
Budgeting and Cost / Financial Control
- To assist in the preparation of the department Sales and Marketing plans.
- To assist in the preparation of the department budget and forecast.
- To ensure that the Outlets Operational budget is in line and cost are strictly controlled maximizing profitability.
- To maximize profitability of the restaurant by increasing turnover (revenue and covers) as a first priority and controlling costs as a second priority.
- Generate and analyze appropriate reports according to business needs
- Control and manage void cheques, complimentary meals and guests’ entertainment within the accounting procedures.
- To formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations Manual detailing standards of performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with company vision, values and guidelines.
- To ensure that guest satisfaction is monitored and where appropriate, rectified throughout their meal experience.
- To ensure guest needs and guest expectations are met by providing an efficient and professional service.
- To liaise with Housekeeping & Engineering to ensure a consistently high standard of cleanliness, repair and maintenance and to provide a smooth flow of linen supplies, flowers and uniforms.
- To liaise with the Kitchen to ensure a consistently good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation.
Sales and Marketing
- To identify in accordance with Food and Beverage Management, market needs and trends.
- Participates in Public Relations activities, sales calls and other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the outlet and hotel.
- Constantly strives to develop and increase sales in order to increase profitability.
- To provide Management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the outlet and hotel.
- To continually be aware of hotel services and activities to be able to promote other hotel offerings and to be responsive to guest inquiries.
|Job Category||Hospitality Industry|