Executive Sous Chef
1. The job of Executive Sous Chef is executed satisfactorily when:
2. Standard recipes are developed and written.
3. New dishes and products are developed.
4. Outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
5. Profitability and popularity of dishes on the menu are reviewed based upon menu item sales figures, and changes are made where applicable.
6. Effective employee working relationships are established and maintained.
7. All HACCP guidelines are achieved and maintained.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in
accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food
Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in their absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for
all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-
dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items
in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental
performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental
standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are
designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance
- Approve leave after consideration of hotel occupancy.
- Work with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the department’s
|Job Category||Hospitality Industry|
|Salary Package||36000 AED|